Camden Pathways Programme
What is the Camden Pathways Programme?
The Camden Pathways Programme is for students in years 10 and 11 who are on roll at a Camden school.
Our team is here to offer you a fresh start.
You can be referred to us if your school or Camden local authority decide, with you and your family, that you’d benefit from:
A different learning environment – either a college or small school
An alternative curriculum which could include:
- Maths and English functional skills up to level 1
- Vocational qualifications such as BTEC where you are assessed on your class work rather than through exams
- A reduced number of GCSEs
Smaller class sizes – no more than 12 students in each class
Courses you have a real interest in, that can inspire you to learn - like Construction, Sport, Hair & Beauty, Health & Social Care or Creative Media.
Qualifications that will support your next steps in education, employment or training.
Your school or Camden will consider a referral if:
- You'd like to follow a vocational pathway at Key Stage 4
- You have significant gaps in your learning as a result of missed education
- You find the demands of a full GCSE curriculum can feel overwhelming
- You experience anxiety or other social and emotional issues
- Your behaviour in school has affected your academic progress
- Your behaviour has put you at risk of exclusion
- Or you have moved to Camden and do not have a school place.
How does it work?
The Referral Steps
1 – Your current school will meet you with your parent or carer, to discuss alternative education provision. If it's appropriate, they will give written consent for a referral to Camden Pathways.
2 – A meeting with our Camden Pathways Team is arranged for you and your parent or carer. At this meeting, we'll talk through your education options, see what you're interested in, answer any questions, and give you more information on the courses available.
3 – We'll then arrange an interview with your chosen education provider(s). The interview will include you, your parent or carer, and one of our Camden Pathways team.
4 – If a placement is confirmed by the provider, a start date will be agreed.
Support in placement
While you're in your education placement, our team continue to support you. We join your support network, making sure everyone is working together to advocate for your education and wellbeing.
What the Camden Pathways Team do
Our team is here to help:
- As a first step, we’ll meet with you and your parent / carer at your school to find out about your interests.
- We'll aim to find you an education placement that will interest you, and will help you gain qualifications and skills that lead you into your chosen career.
- We'll visit you in your placement regularly, to make sure you’re happy and making good progress both academically and personally.
- We'll keep in touch with your parent or carer to give them up to date information
- And we'll support you when it's time to move on to a post-16 pathway.
How do we ensure the education meets required standards?
Working in partnership with local London boroughs, our team will make sure each education provider meets the required standards in:
- Quality of education
- Personal development
- Behaviour and attitudes
- Health and safety
- Admissions and induction
All the providers we work with are inspected by Ofsted. Parents can view reports on the Ofsted website: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofsted
Find out what courses are available
We're currently updating all the information about our providers: find out more on the 'What Courses Do We Offer' link (in the menu above right).
Our new brochure will be available from Easter 2023.
Contact the team
If you would like to find out more or have any questions, please contact us.
Alternative Provision Manager
📞 07775 407349
Alternative Provision Coordinator
📞 07957 781910
Alternative Provision Coordinator
📞 07507 775062