Use of Technology: Google Classroom
Google Classroom at the CCfL
Google Classroom our web based learning environment where teachers can setup classes for students to access. Students can login from any internet enable devise When logged into Google and collaborate with their peers and teachers. Google Classroom is a digital safe-place where access is controlled via our IT administration team. Only authorized CCfL users have access to this area and students can complete assignments, revise and communicate using a full suite of Google applications. Teachers are currently developing content for their classroom areas and not all subjects are using the system yet. A full rollout is planned for Summer Term 2020.
Parents can access their child’s teachers’ Google Classroom in one of the following ways:
From any internet enabled device, ask the student to open a web page and go to https://classroom.google.com.
Laptops, PC’s, Mobile phones and tablets can all be used to access Google Classroom. Please note that any activity in Google Classroom is documented under the student’s login and it would be inappropriate for a parent to communicate with the teacher or other students in Google Classroom. Parents should use their personal email to digitally communicate with the teacher.
Parents/Carers can ask for Guardian access and receive information about the students’ progress on Google classroom
As a guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries. Only teachers and administrators from your student’s school can send these invitations. You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires.
- Please contact Ashley Summercorn at Ashley.summercorn@.email@example.com should you require Guardian access
- .The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student.
- The teacher or administrator can send the invitation to any email address
- .In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
- If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
- You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly.
- You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
Guardian email summaries include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers
- See more details here: Google Classroom
Below is a help sheet for pupils using Google Classroom.